onsdag 23 december 2009

Using a MIDI controller - the Nobels MF-2

I have recently purchased an old MIDI foot controller, a Nobels MF-2 (pictured here). Part 3 of Dave Phillips' "Brief survey" of Linux MIDI applications (from 2004!) directed me towards kmidimon (for monitoring MIDI events) and QMidiRoute (for routing MIDI commands). I still haven't figured out how to hook things up, but the signals from the pedal show up in kmidimon, which is a good sign.

I have yet to read the MF-2 owner's manual (thankfully downloadable from Nobels) and figure out how the pedal itself works. Then I will make an effort to understand this MIDI routing business.

My intention is to control start/stop/overdub in SooperLooper and start/stop active loops in seq24. Any helpful hints are appreciated.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar